EMF is an abbreviation for Electro-Magnetic Field.
Energy makes the world go around
From the sun, to harnessing fire, to the advent of electricity and wireless technology, we have come a long way. While we love the warmth of a cozy fire, we know that it is risky to sit too close to the flames or breathe in the smoke.
Electricity and wireless technology offer us many benefits, and like all energy sources are deserving of a healthy respect both for their power and their by-products. We can show you how to live more safely at home or work, while still enjoying some of the advantages of our technological age.
Smart Meter, power lines, electrical sub-stations and microwave tower radiation testing is included in all of our on-site survey options.
3 types of EMF's
1) Electric Fields - are formed by the voltage that is always present in electrical wiring. Any electrical device, when plugged in to an outlet, effectively joins with the wiring and emits radiation even when turned off. Electric field safety levels
2) Magnetic Fields - are formed when any device is on and drawing current. Typically the more power used the stronger the field. Electronics (digital clocks, computers), motors (fans, blenders, dryers) and AC wiring faults can emit high levels. These fields pass through walls, wood, skin, bone and red blood cells virtually unimpeded. Research showing causative links between exposure and disease go back several decades. (Magnetic field safety levels)
3) Microwave Fields and RF - (Commonly called RF or radio frequency fields) are emitted by cell towers, cell phones, cordless phones, microwave ovens, WiFi devices, baby monitors, smart meters, CFL's, electronic devices and some game consoles. Much of what we are exposed to on a daily basis is in the category of "unintentional RF." (RF field safety levels)
We encourage viewing the EMF Perspective page and exploring some of the included links on that page. It was carefully designed to provide a comprehensive and easy to navigate overview of how EMF exposure impacts our lives. Much of the information on this web site is accessible from this page.
Radiation exposure can be considerably reduced once high emitting EMF sources have been identified and accurately measured for bio-risk.
1) Proximity: In some situations the range of a radiation field drops off dramatically with distance. Putting a little distance between yourself and the emitter is a great cost free way of reducing exposure.
2) Frequency/Duration: The less time used, the less exposure.
3) Replacing or adding: You may choose to let go of, add a feature to, or replace a device already in use.
4) Shielding: An inexpensive, effective choice in some situations, however it can result in an increase of exposure if done without knowledgeable application.
5) Wiring: Improperly wired outlets, junction boxes and sub-panels increase electric and/or magnetic field radiation.
6) Plumbing: It is not uncommon for electrical current to circulate within a building via water pipes. This current can be present within the water itself and can be detected and mitigated.
Smart Meter radiation testing is included in all of our on-site survey options
~ EMF survey and testing for home and workplace ~ EMF Solutions for Safer Environments is a service based company located in Eugene, Oregon serving residents of Lane County and beyond. 541-684-0421